As the IT Support Specialist, you'll install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and user difficulties, either remotely or in person. A big part of your role will be to ensure high customer services levels amongst our internal customers these being our employees, ensuring that you not only resolve issues but train them on how these issues may have been caused and what they can do to potentially resolve these next time.
- Keep computer systems running smoothly and ensure users get the maximum benefit from them
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications in line with the set specifications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Provide on-going training and support to all staff as and when required
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- replace parts as required
Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Champion security and data best practice and policies to ensure that our infrastructure and technical integrity remains core to all we do
- Support the roll-out of new applications and tools as and when needed
- Set up new users' accounts, profiles and devices for all new employees and deactivations for leavers
- Respond within agreed SLA’s
- Work continuously on a task until completion via Freshdesk/Jira
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with internal customers and other external contacts/suppliers
- Maintain onsite servers and infrastruce ensuring highest possible up time
- conduct routine maintenance and checks on all electrical systems and devices, whilst also conducting safety checks on computer equipment.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience as an IT support specialist.
- Exceptional ability to provide technical support and resolve queries.
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networks.
- Ability to determine IT needs and train end-users.
- Proficiency in IT helpdesk software, such as FreshsDesk and Jira
- Advanced knowledge of database maintenance and system security.
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in IT support.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.